MBS International Airport Aerial and Land Survey
- Location: Freeland, Michigan
- Construction Value: $207K
- Client: MBS International Airport / Reynolds, Smith, & Hills, Inc.
ROWE provided land- and air-based surveying for the development of instrument procedures and airport layout plan update mapping for MBS International Airport.
ROWE Tasks included:
- An airport obstruction analysis
- Airport control validation
- Locations and elevations of all airport navigation aids
- Verification of runway obstructions
- A control survey for photogrammetric control
Digital orthophotography was produced for the entire airport surface analysis area and a second orthophoto from a lower flight altitude was produced for the airport property.
The boundary survey included:
- Research, recovery, witnessing, and location of PLSS corners controlling the boundaries and easements for all parcels currently and previously owned by the airport
- Computation of parcel boundaries
- Setting or verifying location of all found corners
- Documenting any encroachments
Deliverables included a property map depicting the individual parcels and overall airport boundary along with all easements listed in the title search, runways, runway protection zones and safety areas, taxiways, and road rights-of-way.